Missouri Manufacturing Technician I
The Missouri Manufacturing Technician I program is a four-week program that prepares for valuable, recognized credentials that signal to employers your understanding of workplace safety and manufacturing skills:
- The program will prepare individuals to sit for two Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician (CPT) exams:
- MSSC Safety CPT Exam: Work in a safe and productive manufacturing workplace. Perform safety and environmental inspections. Perform emergency drills and participate in emergency teams. Identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action. Provide safety orientation for all employees. Train personnel to use equipment safely. Suggest processes and procedures that support the safety of the work environment. Fulfill safety and health requirements for maintenance, installation, and repair. Monitor safe equipment and operator performance.
- MSSC Quality Practices and Measurement CPT Exam: Participate in periodic internal quality audit activities. Check calibration of gages and other data collection equipment. Suggest continuous improvements. Inspect materials and product/process at all stages to ensure they meet specifications. Document the results of quality tests. Communicate quality problems. Take corrective actions to restore or maintain quality. Record process outcomes and trends. Identify fundamentals of blueprint reading. Use common measurement systems and precision measurement tools.
- Prepare and sit for OSHA 10-Hour General Industry credential
- Round out your technical toolkit with professional development that spans:
- team building
- employment strategies
- computer literacy – Excel and Outlook
- Develop your skills with hand tools, mathematical measurements/conversions, and blueprint reading
Rapidly skill-up for entry-level employment in advanced, high-performance manufacturing. Our accelerated hybrid classroom/online training format supports personalized learning and computer literacy, preparing you for multiple valuable credentials.
This program is grant-funded. It is offered at no fee to students selected for the program.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. MMT has transitioned to a hybrid offering (combination of in-person and online virtual training).
Student must be able to attend in-person sessions during these times. Hybrid courses require strong time management skills. Expect to spend 30 hours per week on online training modules.
Center for Workforce Innovation
- 18 years of age or older and
- High School diploma or GED
- WorkKeys scores:
- Workplace Documents: 3
- Applied Math: 3
- Graphic Literacy: 3
Upon Completion Students Receive
Upon successful MSSC CPT Safety and CPT Quality certifications, receive the Missouri Manufacturing Technician I Certificate.
Interested in this program?
Start the enrollment process by visiting Missouri Manufacturing Technician I page.