HVAC Operator I Technical Training
The HVAC Operator I Technical Training program is designed to train individuals to:
- Troubleshoot basic residential HVAC systems
- Troubleshoot 24 volt low voltage, 120 volt, and 240 voltage systems
- Understand the basics of forced air furnaces
- Understand the order of operation of how an integrated furnace control (IFC) board works
- Understand and know how to properly clean and check forced air systems to have a well-tuned piece of equipment
Students will gain understanding of how to maintain and troubleshoot forced air systems and the backs on how the systems and control boards work.
St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley
Center for Workforce Innovation, Classroom 130
3344 Pershall Rd, Ferguson, MO 63315
Cost of Program
For a limited time, HVAC training is now available at no cost to students thanks to funding from Healthy Blue/Anthem and the MoAMP program.
This grant-funded program includes EPA exam prep and the exam itself, as well as our required Portal which includes soft skills (Bring Your A-Game Anywhere), OSHA 10, and Excel for Business, and resume assistance.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
After completion of the class you will be prepared to take your EPA certification exams (Core, Type I, II, and Universal).
Interested in this program?
Start the enrollment process today by visiting the HVAC Operator I Technical Training page.