Certified Welding Technician
The Certified Welding program is designed for individuals seeking a career in welding. Individuals will train to achieve a complete understanding of welding symbols and print drawing and reading, use the correct procedure in setting up equipment and the skills used in welding, use SMAW (Stick) GMAW (MIG) FCAW (Flux core) and GTAW (TIG) machines in both pipe and plate welding, understand the physical aspect of different metals, and develop the cognitive and physical skills necessary to pass certification tests in both pipe and plate welding.
- Must attend an informational session
- Submit required application and paperwork.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must complete WorkKeys Assessments.
- Must complete Manufacturing Portal: Soft Skills Training, Excel for Business, and OSHA 10.
- A resume will be required on the first day of Portal training.
Center for Workforce Innovation
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Interested in this program?
Start the enrollment process today by visiting the Certified Welding Technician page.