Central Sterile Processing Technician
The Central Sterile Processing Technician program is a 24-week program that provides the foundation for individuals interested in the Central Sterile processing field. Central Sterile Processing Technicians are responsible for cleaning, decontaminating, sterilizing, and distributing medical and surgical instrumentation, making them the most vital contributors to the delivery of safe, high-quality patient care. Whether starting a career in Central Sterile Processing or already working in the field, this program will help you establish a foundation in central service workflow and concerns, basic job knowledge and skills, and basic job responsibilities. Upon completion of training, successful students will sit for the national certification exam.
- 24-week long program
- 100 hours of hybrid classroom instruction
- 400+ hours of on the job training completed at an assigned BJC HealthCare Hospital
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Meet transfer eligibility requirements if an existing BJC HealthCare employee
- Complete all steps in the BJC CSPD Tech selection process:
- Complete BJC HealthCare employment application
- Complete screening interview with BJC Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Complete STLCC training application
- Meet required benchmark on fit assessment
- Complete full interview and be selected by BJC HealthCare Staff
- Pass a criminal background check, drug screen panel, and physical exam with documented proof of immunizations or titers
Funding is available for those that are selected for the program. Requires a 1-year full-time employment commitment to BJC HealthCare upon completion.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Interested in this program?
Start the enrollment process today by visiting the Central Sterile Processing Technician page.